In psychology two fundamentally different types of personality exist: extroverts and introverts.
Extrovert is a type of personality (or behavior) that is oriented outside, for surroundings.
Introvert is a type of personality (or behavior) that is oriented inside or to oneself.
For extroverts such behavior is typical when a person:
• tends to communicate with people,
• needs attention from people surrounding him/her,
• tends to take part in public speeches, different activities, entertainments and parties.
Extrovert can be perfect masters of ceremonies, organizers (often as a volunteers), officials, managers or artists.
For introverts the other behavior is typical. They prefer comfortable loneliness, inner speculations and absorbing into personal thoughts, creative work or observation of the process. Introvert can be a perfect scientist, researcher, observer, writer or individual entrepreneur. An extrovert feels more comfortable in presence of other people while an introvert feels more comfortable working alone.
What is such an existence of different types of personality connected with? We know that a human being is more complex than its anatomic system. And the energy aspect is a part of this complex mechanism. Maybe all the processes, occurring in us, are connected with the energy consumption and that is why the way of energy refill is an important element of life and behavior of every person. Usually a man receives energy into the ethereal body by breathing, eating and sleep. During the sleep a human biofield restores, as the consumption of ethereal energy for other thin bodies is minimized (the physical body almost does not produce movements during sleep, the mental body slightly reviews thoughts and ideas that a person had during the day and the consumptions of the astral body are minimal), and the produced and stored during the sleep energy potential gives a man the possibility to live productively the following day. That is why after sleep we feel refreshed and full of energy. But this energy refill does not happen to all people at the same extent. It turned out that for extroverts the energy that they got after sleep is not enough. And they need to seek additional energy in surrounding world (society) for their full-value life. And they are doing this successfully by getting in this or that form the energy from other people. In fact, this makes extroverts to seek for the company of other people, to attract other people’s attention, be in public, be in the focus of attention.
Introverts can perfectly refill their energy reserve during the sleep and than live the whole day basically due to this energy. This allows them to do their work or to create something alone. They do not have this critical need in communication with other people, they feel comfortable alone.
The well-known term “energy vampire”, about which it was mentioned in the article about “energy vampires”, simply means that this is a person of an extrovert type who needs additional energy and receives this energy from people and does this not in a constructive way. So, the “energy vampire” is an extrovert who receives energy by making harm to other people (by critics, baseless charges, offence, fears etc.). But luckily, there are extroverts (and there are majority of them) who receive energy being good to people and doing good deeds.
How to identify introvert from extrovert? For this purpose one needs to pay attention to a person’s behavior. As the essence of each of us is 99.9% reflected by our behavior. You might encounter such a situation. An old lady gets into the tram. A young guy quickly starts to read a newspaper or nods but a serious man asks him in a loud voice to give his place to the woman who has just entered. The young guy unwillingly gives his place to a satisfied old lady. If we analyze this situation in details we can see that a young guy is an introvert absorbed only into his personal problems and interests. A serious man is an extrovert who took care of an old woman and saved his energy. As he did not give his place but got the energy of discontent from the young guy, the energy of gratitude from the old lady, the energy from those passengers who worried about their seats and from those who supported that serious man that in the idea of teaching youth to give their place to the adults. If at work during the break you drop in a smoking-room and see a man who tells with pleasure a joke and the colleagues are all ears, you can be sure that the speaker is an extrovert who gives pleasure to other people for their attention.
In any kind of business both types of personality can be met. Each of these types has its own advantages and disadvantages. Advantages of each type should be 100% used and disadvantages should be transformed into advantages.
So, advantages of introverts in the job of manager are:
• Comfortable for the client communication style (it is terrible for an introvert to make angry his interlocutor);
• Ability to work individually (no need to be always in team)
Advantages of extrovert:
• They are easy going (they can get in touch easy with unknown person and do not have a fear of a possible negative reaction)
• They feel comfortable at public speeches (the more people, the more attention and energy).
Disadvantages of introverts:
• Difficulties with communication (fear to provoke negative reaction);
• Unwillingness to take the floor (no need to attract attention to oneself).
Disadvantages of extroverts:
• Do not care of a client’s comfortable feeling (even negative reaction, on an energy level, satisfies them);
• Sometimes they can turn a public speech into a show like a buffoonery.
How to help oneself to reach the perfection with the existing potential? First of all you should define what type of personality you are. There are a lot of tests for defining a type of personality. Analyze your behavior:
• Do you feel comfortable working alone?
• Is it easy for you to get in touch with new people?
• Do you have a desire to take the floor in public?
• Do you prefer to talk or to keep silent in train? Etc.
When you define your type we can recommend the following. Introverts should be able to communicate with people getting only positive reaction from a listener or an interlocutor. For this purpose one should respect an interlocutor and put his interests on the first place. Most likely, introverts should be able to provoke positive reaction from the first word.
Extroverts should be able to manage communication process and finish it when it causes interlocutor’s negative reaction. We all understand that client’s negative reaction will not make benefits to an extrovert’s astral body. That’s why extrovert should be able to respect an interlocutor and put his interests on the first place and personal energy comfort on the second one.
Even the lectures of introvert and extrovert differ. Introvert starts it calmly, gradually increasing its emotional side, reaching the culmination by the end of speech. Extroverts have vice versa inordinary beginning (a new joke, suggestion to stand up and make some movements, unusual or too long rhetorical question).
Potentially we all can act both as extroverts and introverts and even as altruist – we need only to develop some necessary skills.
If a person can manage his/her introversion or extroversion, then both variants of behavior are available to him/her. Basically, successful people can be by nature extroverts and introverts. But it is necessary for all types to master alternative skills. Gradually a person who has the features of both types becomes an altruist – a person who can respect his interests and take into account the interests of others (clients, colleagues) and as a result succeed in business.
Extroverts, introverts and chakras (energy centers of the body)
If the division of people into extroverts and introverts is so easy and distinct than why extroverts (or introverts) differ from each other so greatly? The secret is in the fact that each energy center – charka, in our body can be extrovertive or intorvertive independently from other charkas. There are very few 100% pure extroverts or introverts by all charkas but there are more “mixed” ones when a person has extrovertive or introvertive charkas at the same time.
So, let’s analyze in more detail way how extroverts will act taking into consideration each charka separately.
1. Supposing, we analyze a man who is introvert by all the chakras except muladhara – tailbone zone. He is an extrovert only as to muladhara. How will he behave to receive the energy of other people for the tailbone zone but not manipura or vishudha? There are such qualities on muladhara as thoroughness, scrupulousness, patience, ability to finish an assignment to the end. There are also such capabilities as survivability, adaptability, vitality in this zone. So, extrovert by muladhara will arise admiration, he will demonstrate his assiduous long-term tolerantly made, finished to the end tasks and work (compiled by him 2x3 meters puzzles, huge palaces made from matches, exact copies of ships, planes, ideally kept vegetable gardens or flower beds etc.). They often display demonstrative care by their own initiative.
2. Now let’s analyze a case when a person has extroversive svadhistana – center of groin. In this case person’s behavior will be directed to getting the energy of sexual attractiveness, cheerfulness, spontaneity, artistry. For this purpose one should demonstrate his/her sexuality, women can do this properly with the help of cloths (mini skirts, tops, gauzy blouses, high heels), attractive make-up etc. Men usually get this energy telling funny indecent anecdotes and jokes; they share their successful sexual experience often exaggerating it. We can also refer here flirting with casual touches to women. And one more well-spread among men and women way to refill with energy zone of groin is a loud laughter that attracts everybody’s attention.
3. The next case is extrovert by manipura – the zone of press. We remember that this charka gives such qualities as decisiveness, activity. Also this charka gives the energy of power and money. So, to get the energy of these qualities, extrovert with well developed press zone usually demonstrates his/her power by making other people do something demonstrating his power (muscles, weapons) or wealth (gold jewelry, big purse stuffed with money, expensive car or house).
4. Extrovert by anahata – the zone of heart, needs to get the energy of attention, care and love. Such people usually say that they have been taken care of others not thinking about themselves. They can give a present and then ask “how do you like it?” They can ask something like “Do you really love me?” Often they get energy through compassion and feeling of guilt.
5. In case when a person is an extrovert by vishudha – zone of throat, this person needs to get energy of the following qualities: originality, delicacy, sociability. Usually such people attract attention with the help of cloths (original, exquisite, extraordinary), gaudy hair style, interesting unusual speech or over talkativeness.
6. Qualities of ajna – zone of head, are intellectuality, astuteness, awareness. Extroverts by head zone either surprise by his knowledge or demonstrate his keenness of observation and astuteness, or criticizes flaws of others.
After the materials of the Training “Study of human nature”